Friday, May 20, 2011

Cheddar Bay Biscuits


Okay, so about a month ago I was totally craving those biscuits you can get at the seafood restaurants so I searched around online and found a recipe that is great!  It is super easy, quick.

Ingredients:

4 cups baking mix (i.e. Bisquick)
3 ounces cheddar cheese (...whatever 3 oz is I just put in a handful)
1 1/3 cups water
1/2 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon dried parsley

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Line baking sheet with parchment paper.

In a mixing bowl, combine the baking mix, cheese, and water.  Mix until dough is firm.  Using a small scoop, place dough on prepared pan.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.

Combine the melted butter, garlic powder, salt, Old Bay seasoning, onion powder, and parsley.  Brush over baked biscuits immediately upon removing from the oven.

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I am finally going to make this. :) Is "old Bay" seasoning something that I have to have by brand name, or is it similar to something else that I may already have? In other words, what is it?

    ReplyDelete