Sunday, May 29, 2011

Strawberry Sauce

(from ourbestbites.com)


1 pint strawberries
1/3 c. white sugar
1 tsp. almond extract (my favorite) or vanilla extract


Wash strawberries, remove stems and roughly chop the berries. 
Combine berries, sugar, and extract in medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
Cook for five minutes, stirring/breaking strawberries up with a wooden spoon constantly.
After five minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
When cool enough, transfer mixture to blender and pulse until desired consistency is reached.

Uses:
add a tablespoon or two to a glass of lemonade, sauce on fruit pizza, over icecream, waffles, etc.

3 comments:

  1. Just made this to put on waffles. Very yummy, though a little thick for spreading (should I have blended it longer?). I just put some on my plate and used it as a dipping sauce.

    Also I was thinking that it would probably be really yummy to use other berries too. I plan to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just used it with frozen berries which I thinks helps to thin it a little. I did 2 pints of berries (strawberries, blueberries, black berries, rasberries) and 15 drops of stevia.

    It was a big hit for a pancake topper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. * plus the vanilla of course

    ReplyDelete